Sunday, July 27, 2008

Being Greatful

On the 11th I had a chance to go to Welfare Square and the Humanitarian Center to do some service. While at Welfare Square the Laurels and the Priests went and helped at the D.I. It was actually more fun then I thought it would be. I learned a lot of stuff about the D.I. Before going, I didn't know that they had people from all over the world working there and I also didn't know that you could work there to get stuff.

After we went to Welfare Square we had a chance to serve at the Humanitarian Center. That was also fun. We made little kits that consisted of masks and little hand towels. What made this especially fun was that we made it a little contest. It was kind of ridiculous but suprisingly fun.

This whole experience made me realize how much we really have compared to other people. I used to think that I didn't have enough. Now when I fell sorry for myself I think about how much we have and how much other people don't have. It made me happy that I could do this service and bless other peoples lives. I now have a greater appreciation for what I do have. It also made me realize that everything that we have comes from God and we need to be greatful and thank him for the things that we do have instead of worrying about the things we don't have.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Hey mel!!!!! What is up with you???????????