Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fathers Blessings

This week I have been really sick. I woke up a lot early monday morning feeling way sick. On Monday I couldn't go to school because I was so sick.

Since my mom couldn't help me because of her health problems, I had to get everything I needed for myself. She did get me some stuff that I needed which was pushing it. She always pushes herself and I'm thankful to have a mom like that.

I didn't eat anything the whole day. Nothing ever sounds good to eat when you're sick, and I definately didn't have the energy to go fix anything to eat.

Monday night, after we had our bedtime prayer, I asked my dad for a blessing. He blessed me that I could feel better and that I could have the strength to go to school. The next day I was able to go to school feeling better. It just amazes me how much the lord blesses us. Usually when I'm sick, I'm sick for like a week or two. It's not just a one day thing. I was still a little sick on tuesday, but I did have the strength to go to school.

Fathers blessings are the most amazing thing. I'm glad that I have a father who holds the preisthood so that he can help me when I need it. I used to feel like I was bothering him to ask for a blessing, because I got them a lot. I have learned that there is no such thing as too much blessings. If you need the blessing, then it's so much better to ask for one becuase God will help you. He's amazing that way.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Father's blessings are always special. I am also grateful that I have a father that can give me blessings. I hope you keep getting better Mel :) I love ya!

Rod, Jodi, Will, Wyatt, Cole , Zane said...

Hey Melanie,
I am so amazed how you girls can be such an inspiration to us "old"
ladies in the ward. I am so grateful to have a calling that I get to know you girls. You have such a strong testimony of our Heavenly Father. And your blog is adorable.