Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I'll miss you Kassi Linn!


Yesterday I went to the funeral of my niece named Kassi. It was probably the hardest funeral I've been to. She passed away on March 18th in a car accident. Kassi was just eighteen years old. You're probably wondering how it's possible to have a niece older than me. My brother Tyler married a girl older than him that had three kids. Kassi is the middle one. She has an older sister named Kolden and a younger brother named Kody.

I loved Kassi so much. She meant a lot to me. Whenever Kassi and I got together we were like best friends. She's such an amazing girl. She is so beautiful, just like her mom. She had long dark beautiful hair, and she was skinny and small. I was so jealous of how beautiful she was.

Kassi never cared what people thought about her. She never got mad at people unless they gave her a really good reason. Kassi was one person who always involved everybody. She always felt bad for people and did things for them just to make sure that they were happy.

I remember one time Kassi, Kody, Adam, and I went to the skate park. It was really hot there and Kassi and I weren't doing anything so we decided to walk to the store and buy us some drinks. Me and her bought our drinks and I put our drinks up on the counter to pay for them. As soon as I put them up there she was like "wait, we didn't get anything for Adam and Kody. They've been skating and it's really hot outside. We should probably get them a drink."

That's just one of many examples of her caring about other people. She always thought of others before herself and I loved that about her.

Kassi also had the prettiest smile. She didn't smile much, but when she did it was beautiful. I remember always telling her to smile because she looked mad. Everytime I told her that she would say "Melanie, just because I'm not smiling doesn't mean I'm mad!" She would yell it too. Then after she would just laugh. That's why I always told her that because I knew that it would make her smile.

Kassi was a very quite person. She didn't like yelling or loud anything. She also didn't like contention. She was such a peacemaker.

She was not afraid to die. Sometimes she actually wanted to so that she could be with her mom. Kassi always lived by the quote "live like today was your last day". I actually learned that quote from her because she always said it.

She was loved by everybody. She had a lot of friends to support her. There was so much people at the funeral. There wasn't even standing room! Everybody loved her because she was a sweet girl.

I'll miss Kassi, but I know I'll see her again. God has plan for everything, and it was her time to go. I'm glad that families can be together forever and that I can see her again. She's with her mom now. I bet she's having a good time and she wants us all to be happy. I just can't wait till I get to see her and her mom again. They are amazing girls. :)

Cute Kassi

Kassi and her mom Kolette

Kassi and her brother Kody

Kassi, her sister Kolden, and brother in law Casey

Their cute little family :)

1 comment:

Laurel said...

I understand what you are feeling Mel. I miss McKensie a ton each day. Your niece sounds like she enjoyed life to its fullest, and that is how we all should live life. Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

Love you